This easy recipe for sugar free keto fat bombs is the perfect way to curb sugar cravings on a keto diet. They’re made with a few simple and totally vegan ingredients and they don’t melt at room temperature!
What are fat bombs?
They’re a low-carb, low or no sugar treat packed with healthy fats that are helpful for anyone on a keto diet. Usually they include high-fat ingredients like coconut oil, nut butters, cream cheese or avocado to help boost the body’s need for fat for ketosis. They also usually incorporate some sort of natural sugar free or low sugar sweetener like stevia or monkfruit.
If you’re not familiar with ketosis the keto diet and want to know why fat is an essential element of this diet, here’s a helpful article on Keto for Beginners.
Sugar is a no-no on the keto diet because it can kick you out of ketosis. But, of course, for those of us with a sweet tooth, we need something to cure our sweet treat cravings!
My recipe for fat bombs is absolutely delicious, doesn’t require any baking, is vegan and gluten free, is free of sugar and free of processed carbohydrates AND they don’t melt at room temperature!
Do you have to refrigerate or freeze fat bombs?
Most fat bombs melt at room temperature due to the higher fat content and are best kept in the fridge or freezer. However, these little beauties can hang out outside on your kitchen counter or your lunch bag and be just fine. They are stable at room temperature.
A big reason these don’t melt is because I add protein powder to them. I like the ingredients and flavor of the Sun Warrior protein powders. The ones you see pictured in this post were made with the chocolate powder. But, if you prefer vanilla, that’s a great option, too!
Fat bombs can be enjoyed any time a sweet craving strikes. They can be a treat after a meal or a little afternoon nibble to tide you over to dinner.
How to Make Fat Bombs
I like to make them in small molds so that I can eat one or several, depending on how intense my craving is. I also find because they’re high in fat, they’re very satisfying.
Using this candy mold I made 36 individual candies with this recipe. And how cute are they?
I added the fat bomb mixture to the molds using a plastic squeeze bottle. I found this to be the easiest method for working with a smaller sized mold.
Of course, you can make these larger by using a muffin tin. Just fill the tin with cupcake liners and then fill the liners with the fat bombs mixture for something that looks like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.
Add Superfoods and Get Creative
If you’re wondering about the colorful tops on these, that was a little dash of superfoods! This is where you can get creative with the recipe and add things like matcha, pomegranate powder, goji powder, cacao nibs or any other creative and tasty additions.
I simply sprinkled a bit of pomegranate powder and goji powder into the molds and then added the fat bombs liquid and they came out beautifully!
Looking for other great Vegan Keto Dessert Recipes?Print
Sugar Free Keto Fat Bombs Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 3
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 36 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Sugar free keto fat bombs are the perfect way to curb sugar cravings on a keto diet. They’re made with a few simple and totally vegan ingredients and they don’t melt at room temperature!
- 1 cup cacao butter chips
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 20 drops liquid stevia
- 1/3 cup chocolate flavored protein powder
- pomegranate powder or goji berry powder optional
- Combine the 1 cup cacao butter chips, 2 Tbs coconut oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 20 drops of stevia to a sauce pot over medium heat on the stove and heat until the cacao butter chips are completely melted. You’ll want to stir occasionally to keep things moving around.
- Once the mix is liquified, remove from the heat and add in the protein powder and stir until combined. Make sure it’s smooth and the powder is totally dissolved.
- Transfer the mixture to a squeeze bottle with a tip for easy transfer into your candy molds.
- If you want to add pomegranate powder or goji powder for a fun color and flavor pop, sprinkle some into the bottom of each candy mold.
- Using the squeeze bottle, fill the candy molds to the top with the chocolate mixture.
- Set the filled molds in a refrigerator for at least an hour to setup and get firm.
- Remove the fat bombs from the molds and enjoy!
This blog about Easy Sugar Free KETO FAT BOMBS (vegan) helps me a lot in my diet.
You can have the best Custom Keto Diet plan here: https://s96.me/keto-diet Kiss you all!