An easy no-bake frozen summer dessert with layers of whipped cream cheese, strawberries, and graham crackers.
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 16oz fresh strawberries quartered
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2.5 cups heavy cream
- 14 graham cracker sheets (1.5 sleeves in a standard box)
- additional strawberries and whipped cream for garnish
- Line a 1.5lb loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing plastic wrap to come up along the sides. This will make removing the cake from the pan after freezing is done.
- Combine 1/4 cup strawberry preserves and juice of 1 lemon together in a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Add fresh quartered strawberries to the bowl with the preserves and lemon and toss to coat the berries. Set aside.
- Combine 8oz softened cream cheese and 1/4 cup confectioners sugar to a bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment (or regular bowl with a hand mixer) and beat until smooth. Next add in the heavy whipping cream and beat with the whisk attachment until stiff peaks form in the cream mixture.
- Spread 1/3 of the strawberry mixture along the bottom of the lined loaf pan. Next, spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture on top of the strawberries. Next top the cream with graham squares to completely cover the cream. You might need to cut some of the squares down to get them to fit.
- Repeat the layering process until you have 3 layers of each part, ending with graham squares on the very top.
- Bring the plastic wrap that is overhanging on the sides up over the grahams and use additional wrap if needed to cover the top of the icebox cake.
- Place the cake in the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer approximately 5 minutes prior to serving to slightly soften.
- Peel back the plastic wrap so that it’s on the sides of the cake then place a cake plate or dish on top of the pan upside down. Flip the cake and plate over so that you can then lift up on the pan and plastic wrap to reveal the cake. The bottom layer of strawberries will now be the top.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream and berries if desired.
- Slice the icebox cake with a knife that has been run under warm water to make slicing easier. Clean and rinse knife between cuts.
Keywords: strawberries, cream cheese, dessert, frozen, icebox, cake, graham crackers, whipped cream, dairy, no-bake