Spaghetti with meat sauce topped with melty cheese all in pie form! Pizza meets pasta in one hearty entree meal.
- 8 oz spaghetti, prepared according to package directions *do not rinse after cooking!
- 1lb sweet Italian sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 16 oz shredded mozz
- 25 oz marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cook the 1 lb sweet Italian sausage over medium high heat in a sauté pan, breaking it up with the back of a spatula or spoon so that it’s crumbled, like ground beef. Once cooked through, remove it from the heat and drain off the excess fat. Put the cooked sausage to the side until it’s time to assemble the pie.
- Add 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of milk and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Combine the egg mixture, 8 ounces of the shredded mozzarella, 1/4 cup parmesan and 8 ounces of prepared spaghetti pasta together in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Spray non-stick spray onto a standard 9″ pie plate. Fill the pie plate with the pasta mixture, smash to fit and press it up along the sides so that it will make a pie crust.
- Bake the “crust” at 375F for 20 minutes uncovered in the center rack of the oven until the pasta is set.
- Then, take the “crust” out of the oven and top with the cooked sausage, and 25oz of marinara sauce and remaining mozzarella. If it seems like it’s too much sauce, reserve some of it that you can serve on the side with the final dish.
- Bake the pie for another 20 min at 375F uncovered on the center rack in the oven until the top is brown and bubbly, like pizza.
- After the pie is baked, take it out of the oven and allow it to cool for five minutes so that it holds its form when you slice into it.
Keywords: spaghetti, spaghetti pie, baked pasta, dinner, entree, sausage, pasta, marinara