An easy weeknight soup recipe that uses up leftover pork with hominy.
- 1 Tbs avocado oil (or other neutral flavored oil)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 7oz can died green chiles
- 2 – 3 cups leftover shredded pork (try Instant Pot Pork Carnitas)
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 bouillon cube or 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon soup base
- 14.5 oz water (just fill the empty can of tomatoes with water after they’re added)
- 1 15.5 oz can white hominy
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat on the stovetop and add in the 1 Tbs oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add in the diced red pepper and sauté stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until the pepper is softened and fragrant.
- Next, add in remaining ingredients including the 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp salt, 7oz diced green chiles, 2 – 3 cups leftover pork, 14.5 oz of tomatoes, 1 bouillon cube, 14.5 oz water and 15.5 oz of white hominy to the pot and stir to combine.
- Allow the soup mixture to come to a simmer (slowly bubbling) and then reduce to medium low heat and cover with a lid and allow to cook for 10 minutes so the flavors can incorporate.
- Season with additional salt as needed.
- Serve with optional garnishes like diced green onion, avocado, radishes and cilantro
Keywords: Hominy, pork, posole, pozole, soup, Instant Pot