Pulled Pork sandwiches get a Mexican twist with a quick recipe for Instant Pot Carnitas and topped with a fresh slaw. It’s a great dish to serve when having guests and makes great leftovers.
- 1 batch of Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- 3 cups slaw mix (shredded cabbage or broccoli and carrots)
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (or your favorite neutral flavored oil)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed in a garlic press or finely minced
- 4 Tbs lime juice (approx 3 limes) *fresh preferred
- 12 hamburger or other favorite soft rolls
- cilantro for garnish *optional
- Prepare your carnitas and allow them to keep warm until serving. Or, if made ahead of time, reheat on the stove or in the microwave.
- Combine the 1/3 cup oil, 1 tsp honey, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp dried oregano, 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper, 1 clove garlic, 4 Tbs lime juice and 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar in a salad dressing bottle or glass jar and whisk until fully combined and then toss with the slaw mix. Start by using half the dressing and then add more as desired. Some like their slaws more saucy than others.
- When you’re ready to prepare the sandwiches, split a bun in half and then top with a generous serving of pulled pork carnitas, the slaw and garnish with cilantro if you’d like. These are best enjoyed warm!
Keywords: pulled pork sandwich, carnitas, slaw, vinaigrette