A healthy weeknight “big salad” Mexican style with pork carnitas, fresh veggies, lettuce and a homemade Honey Lime Vinaigrette.
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (or your favorite neutral flavored oil)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed in a garlic press or finely minced
- 4 Tbs lime juice (approx 3 limes) *fresh preferred
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups Instant Pot Pork Carnitas prepared and shredded
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed and diced
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Combine the 1/3 cup oil, 1 tsp honey, 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp dried oregano, 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper, 1 clove garlic, 4 Tbs lime juice and 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar in a salad dressing bottle or glass jar and whisk until fully combined and set aside. The ingredients will settle, so you’ll need to stir or shake before serving.
- This recipe makes four servings, so portion out equal amounts of the lettuce, beans, tomatoes, corn, avocado and pork onto four plates or bowls and garnish with lime, cilantro and the prepared dressing. Use as much or little of the dressing as you like based on your preference.
Keywords: carnitas, pork, salad, lime, honey, vinaigrette, big salad, weeknight, gluten free