An easy homemade waffle recipe made with sour cream. They’re perfectly golden and crisp on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract *optional
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1.5 cup cake flour (makes for a fluffier waffle than AP flour)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup milk
- additional sour cream, berries and maple syrup for garnish
- Whisk 2 eggs with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until fluffy
- Add in 1/2 cup sour cream and whisk briefly, then add in 1.5 cups cake flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp baking soda and whisk briefly until mostly incorporated. It’s okay if it’s lumpy.
- Slowly pour in 1/2 cup of milk and stir with a spatula until incorporated. Add up to 3/4 cup of milk if the batter is too thick. It should be a thicker batter, not watery or soupy, but should definitely be sticky and pourable.
- Pour the batter into a waffle iron and cook to desired darkness. Once the steam dissipates, the waffles are cooked.
- Remove waffles from the iron once cooked to desired brownness and then place on a cooling rack until ready to serve.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream and fresh berries.
Keywords: waffles, sour cream, berries, breakfast