This Mandarin Orange Salad is the summer side dish that goes with everything. Sweet oranges, crunchy almonds and a zingy bite from a quick homemade vinaigrette that comes together in minutes.
- 1/4 cup oil (I like avocado oil)
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- dash hot sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 15oz can mandarin oranges, juice drained
- 16 oz fresh spinach
- In a jar or salad dressing container, combine the 1/4 cup oil, 2 Tbs sugar, 2 Tbs vinegar, 1/2 tsp salt, a dash of pepper and a dash of hot sauce. Whisk to combine and stir up / shake right before serving as the oil and vinegar will separate.
- Heat a dry pan over medium high heat on your stovetop. Add 1/4 cup sliced almonds to the pan and move pan in circular motions so the nuts move around and get toasted evenly. Keep an eye on the almonds so they don’t burn! Once toasted and fragrant, transfer the toasted nuts to a cup or plate until you’re ready to assemble your salad.
- Combine 16 oz fresh spinach with 1 15oz can drained mandarin oranges in a large salad bowl. Add the toasted almonds to the salad. Add as much dressing as desired to the salad and toss to evenly coat the spinach leaves.
- Serve immediately!
Keywords: oranges, spinach, salad, summer salad, vinaigrette