This Jalapeno Salsa Verde is super easy to make yet full of so much flavor. Highly addictive and the perfect condiment for tortilla chips and Mexican food.
- 1 poblano pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 3 tomatillos, skins removed and fruit rinsed
- 1 whole clove garlic
- 1 Tbs oil (your favorite flavorless oil)
- ½ cup white wine vinegar (or regular white vinegar)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp salt (additional to taste)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Put the poblano, jalapenos, tomatillos and garlic on a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and roast at 400F for 20 minutes until the vegetables are blistered and roasted on tops. Flip them using tongs and let them roast another 10 minutes then remove them from the oven.
- Once fully roasted, remove the stems and the seeds from the peppers using gloves and a knife. Gloves are especially important if you’re working with spicy peppers to prevent the spice from getting onto your hands and into your eyes.
- Combine the roasted vegetables into a blender or food processor along with ½ cup water, 1 Tbs oil, 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 cup white wine or regular white vinegar.
- Blend until smooth.
- Keep the salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to a week.
Keywords: salsa, jalapeno, condiment, sauce, poblano