An old-fashioned cake recipe that is impossible to mess up and super moist. Perfect topped with whipped cream and great to serve any time of year.
- 2 c flour
- 1 c sugar
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 15.2 oz cans of fruit cocktail
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Sift together the 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Combine the 2 whole eggs and drained fruit cocktail and stir until combined, then mix into the dry ingredients. Don’t overmix.
- Pour into a greased 9” x 13” pan and smooth out to make an even layer.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Keywords: fruit cocktail, canned fruit, baking, cake, spice cake, vintage baking