Mashed cauliflower is a tasty low-carb or keto alternative for mashed potatoes. This version is extra flavorful because everything is roasted in the oven. It only takes 5 ingredients for a healthy, delicious side dish!
- 2 heads of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic with skins removed
- 1/4 cup oil (I use avocado), divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk (I use macadamia nut milk)
- butter for melting on top, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Place the chopped cauliflower and clove of garlic onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and toss with half of the oil (approx 1/8th cup) and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt.
- Put the pan of cauliflower into the oven at 400F for 20 – 25 minutes until the cauliflower is softened and just a little browned on top.
- Remove the cauliflower and garlic on the sheet tray from the oven and transfer to a food processor. Add the remaining 1/8 cup oil and the 1/4 cup of milk to the processor and blend until the desired consistency is reached. You may need to take off the lid of the processor and scrape down the sides a few time to get all of the larger pieces processed.
- Add additional salt to the mashed cauliflower to taste.
- Transfer the mashed cauliflower to a serving dish and top with pats of butter and cracked black pepper if you’d like.
Keywords: mashed cauliflower, cauliflower, garlic, roasting