A tried-and-true classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. Simple, basic ingredients and no need to chill the dough before baking. Soft on the inside, a little crisp on the outside, and perfect every time.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 and place rack in the middle position. Prepare a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper or Silpat or baking mat.
- For the wet ingredients, start by creaming together 1/3 cup softened butter, 1/3 cup softened shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar until smooth and lightened in color.
- Add 1 large egg and 1 tsp vanilla to the creamed butter and sugar and mix until fully incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt and whisk together these dry ingredients to incorporate.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to incorporate. Then add the other half of the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips and continue to mix until fully incorporated. However, be careful not to over-mix as it will result in tough cookies.
- Using a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop or a spoon, scoop balls of dough and place on your prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated 375F oven on the center rack and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. The edges of the cookies should be slightly browned and the tops look just slightly under-baked.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool for a few minutes, then enjoy!
Keywords: cookies, chocolate chip, classic chocolate chip cookies, homemade, baking