A classic Caesar Salad Recipe with fresh romaine, crunchy croutons, parmesan cheese and a tangy light homemade Caesar dressing.
- 1/2 cup neutral flavored oil (I like avocado oil or olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (+) cloves of garlic (to taste)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (half grated, half shredded)
- 1 – 2 cups croutons (homemade or store bought)
- 1 large head of romaine, chopped (or 2 romaine hearts)
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Wash and dry lettuce and tear into bite-sized pieces or chop with a knife
- Combine the 1/2 cup of oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 whole egg, 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, and two cloves of garlic into a jar or dressing container and blend with a blender until smooth. Or, if you mince or press the garlic, simply shake the container until thoroughly mixed.
- Toss the lettuce with the dressing to desired amount of dressing, parmesan cheese, and croutons and season with fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
Keywords: Caesar salad, dressing, lemon, garlic, homemade, oil, parmesan